Monday 8 April 2013

My Android Conundrum

http://cdn.gottabemobile.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/iphone-5-vs-nexus-4-display.jpg
Nexus 4 vs iPhone 5 from http://cdn.gottabemobile.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/iphone-5-vs-nexus-4-display.jpg




I am an iPhone user. For many people this will stir feelings of kinship or animosity. Rarely will this elicit no response at all, as today choosing a mobile phone OS is a big deal to individuals and companies. The iOS vs Android “fanboy” flame wars have raged long and hard and have all but replaced the previous Apple vs Windows desktop OS wars in te public's consciousness. For me, having owned the iPhone 3G and currently using the iPhone 3GS, I have generally been a big fan of Apple’s mobile OS, but my iPhone and iPad, from 2009 and 2010 respectively, are getting a bit long in the tooth and are probably due to be replaced with something a little more up to date, especially the iPhone!

The Android OS has been slowly creeping up on me over the years, and the draw of the increasingly impressive hardware coupled with it looked too good to pass up. I thought it was finally time to give this perfect storm of situation and opportunity - Android 4.2 and a new, great value, beautiful Nexus device, the LG Nexus 4.

The stage was set then, for a crunch between the two heavyweights of the mobile industry, so I’ll give you a rundown of the positives of each OS and each device, for me and hopefully I’ll come to a conclusion at the end, with reasons as to which I will go for!

No comments:

Post a Comment